Tuesday, 23 December 2014

DVD input device updates

Its been a while! I'll be discussing my progress regarding the DVD input device that I've been working on. Well, I had a small discussion with my mentor regarding the input format for the device and some issues that I was facing with a dvdnav sample code that I had found on the Internet. We discovered that ISO files worked well with the code but there were some CSS issues when I tried to mount the ISO file. Moving on, I registered the DVD input device and made changes in the configuration file to get the whole thing working without the FFmpeg build crashing (trust me, it can get ugly real quick). Currently I am working on the demuxing of the data that I get from the DVD packets. These packets when demuxed and integrated will output streams of audio , video and subpictures (bitmap subtitles). Once this is done, the streams can be associated with respective codec IDs. Hoping that everything works out fine, the decoders will then give the output in the desired format :D I'll be posting some snaps of the device too once I reach home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment